On Fri, 15 Dec 2023, alanmthomason--- via Emc-users wrote:

Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2023 17:14:51 -0500
From: alanmthomason--- via Emc-users <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
To: "'Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)'" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Cc: alanmthoma...@icloud.com
Subject: [Emc-users] MESA card suggestions

Hi There.

I am looking for a suggestion for the best MESA card to be used with

an ethernet connection

4axes

Teknic servo / stepper taking a step/direction input of 5 to 24V

Ideally this would be in a format that I could mount in a simple enclosure.

3digital inputs per axis, so 12inputs

1 additional digital output.

I will be using a fresh build of linuxcnc on a 64bit Ubuntu platform.

Thanks very much,

Alan

As Andy suggested, a 7I96S is close but shy of one input.
If the three inputs per axis include limits, you could save
inputs by sharing limit inputs between axis, In addition
you can share a limit and home on the same axis.

With maximum sharing you could get away with only 5 inputs
(4 home switches and a combined limit input)

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics