On 12/17/23 22:25, Chris Albertson wrote:

Depends on the mill or? In the case of my G0704, the accelerometer should go on
the table for xy motion, not the relatively stationary chuck which generally
only moves vertically. In the chuck on something like the 6040, a medium sized
gantry I have.  The acceleromter s/b on the moving part IOW.

Yes, certainly, it’s the table that moves.  I was thinking of some kind of CNC
router.    But I think the idea is the same, yu’d see very quickly if there was
any kind of error to be corrected out.      Even on the 3D printer, you would
need an accelerometer on BOTH the print head and the table.

If its a bed slinger, yes, but corexy or a ender 5 only needs one in the head.

My guess is that massive tables don’t shake much.

Cheers, Gene Heskett.
-Ed Howdershelt (Author, 1940)
 - Louis D. Brandeis