On 3/16/24 07:07, Stuart Stevenson wrote:
Gene,
This link shows they are available. They ARE a bit pricey though.

https://www.kennametal.com/us/en/products/fam.kencut-ht-eade-radiused-4-flutes-necked-plain-shank-metric.100003329.html?pdpQuery=&sort=relevance&pageSize=16&category=

I'll nominate that as the understatement of the year so far.

I had a couple of these in my desk at MPM. I think I have them in a box
somewhere in my home. If I find them I will let you know. They are feather
light, they seem hollow. I never had the inclination to use them. In my
mind there are very few machines stiff enough to use them. I have never had
a machine stiff enough with sufficient spindle speed to reach the cutting
edge speed needed for these to function within the needed parameters.

Even the big boy with the 26 foot bed? Shear mass of the powerhead should have qualified that one. IDK what the spindle speed was though, but I would suspect not enough by a considerable margin. If you find them, let us know please. I am also pleased you are still here to keep us honest. I trust retirement is agreeing with you?

thanks
Stuart Stevenson
4638 Farmstead Ct
Bel Aire, KS 67220