Hi Johannes, In also tried the sites using Firefox. In my attempts, the
language of plants site remained silent; but in the three video clips in
the singing plants site I could hear the sounds.

Jo, I have a few questions. Watching/listening to your videos, a number of
clearly distinguishable sounds: a humming sound (the most prevalent),
clicking sounds (not as much but still prevalent), occasional chiming
church bells like sound, occasional sounds of metallic hammer striking a
metallic surface. I am sure there are other sounds that I missed. The
sounds I listed belong to our world interfacing digitally with something
belonging to the plants (in other words these sounds/singing belong to
us/are our sounds interfacing with something else, presumably in/from the
leaves.

A leaf is an analog concept. My question is this: what aspect(*s*) in the
leaves is your software (a digital language) responding to? Is it a change
of temperature or what? What is a ray (I think it is a term you use)? I do
not think a software program can be open ended enough (at least, as far as
I am aware, not in our day) to respond to such an abstraction.

Ciao,
Murat