Well, the 'daughters of chaos' are meeting in Sweden at the Konstfack, Simon?
your response and brief meditation on Uexküll
and Agamben and DeleuzeGuarttari, and on the vegetal and stones, were opening
out further into poetry, and
the limits of thought, thanks much!  and if I understand you, and also current
debates on spatial justice correctly, they open into a very wide
continuum, at least this is how i interpret the "inter-esse" to mean, not
boundaries or self-enclosed (autopoietic) systems
but a not unparadoxical continuum where there is no outside?  so the stone,
fly, spider, and tick, and we all, are in this together (the spider operating
with more sophisticated tools than the fly? And yes, the eyeless captivated
absorbed dreamy tick in the dark room, 18 years without
sweat, hair-free skin and blood-warm liquid to suck... how did it manage?)

The close or intimate relations, Amanda, that you perform and write about,
thanks for your clarification too –
I visited your greenhouse online (per documentation-video and voice over
narration), http://amandawhite.com/projects/frugivore,
// and notice with considerable interest that you subtitle the FRUGIVORE  as
BOTANICAL ANIMAL (which is you? or also those who
join your process garden and eat from the plants you seeded and grew? you
invite into a cycle which is partly also gardening
and harvesting cycle, yes?

And your camera gently hovering in the indoor glasshouse under its yellow
sunlight -- I enjoyed thinking about
stuff (that you offer) that is edible /audible, a greenhouse in a gallery. Then
again I wondered, in light of the larger
discussion theme of this month (your work was supported by Ontario Arts Council
– Media Arts Program?), how growing tomatoes,
or the plant actors we heard of earlier (in Jo's work), or the stones, open out
notions of media, art, readymade, extraction and
colonizing, bio-politics, etc.  I suppose the 'daughters of chaos'
[http://daughtersofchaos.net/],  Simon, are concerned with what constitutes 'a
life'?
how it comes to be biopolitically measured, how it is constrained and/or
activated, and what forms are encouraged and valued
at the expense of others?  a life or a-life (artificial life?)? where does
'plant art' come in here (or repeat bio-art and some criticisms the latter
suffered).

regards
Johannes Birringer