"This goes beyond the notion of winning and getting the high score and it
may at least link back up to gambling as a matter of the compulsion to give
(and not simply to take).  What else is there to do with endless free games
other than to give them away."

Bart,

Can there be compulsion without, at least, the illusion of a gain?

Ciao,
Murat