Hi Anna,

Yes, my question was based on Christiane’s note that "it does depend on how you
define ‘finance’” — and eToy is an excellent example since it concerns finance
but also institution building. And, the latter also includes works that seem to
resist finance-capital like Thomas Hirschhorn’s Gramsci Monument — built and
run by a network of residents — including a computer room and radio station.

Finance is always taught in the context of management — and to those in the
so-called “finance world” they are at least in their non-cynical mode using
finance capital to build capitalist structures (factories, office buildings,
machines, transportation systems, information systems, managing eyeballs and
systems and networks, etc.)

So, Finance is imbricated upon (at least the charade) of building and managing
vast networks.

And, my question is who is working in that area of net-art … who thinks of
their work as “finance” (maybe like Bogg’s Bills) and who thinks of “finance”
in their net-art projects as part of institution building like eToy?