Unfortunately I think I gave too much space to finance and perhaps introduced
the lenses of feminism and futurity too late as modes of thinking the relations
of then and now with respect to net art.

Very briefly, futurity…the sense in which a future is already impinging upon,
defining and producing the present. Three moments in a timetable of futurity
for net art:

1.Discussions on nettle from 1997 about the net being a space of
opportunities/potential/ future difference for art ‘on’ the net

2.In 2010, Prince declared that the Internet was over and the theme for
transmediale 2010 was ‘FUTURITY NOW.

3. The nowness of post-internet art...

what kind of future present does a ‘post interne' bequeath contenpoary
networked art?

Does anyone on the list see themselves as a post-internet artist? Why?

Just curious!
Anna

Anna Munster
Associate Professor,