Thanks Renate and David
. I think there's definitely a (re)newed interest in the relation between art
and the economy generally - perhaps intensified in the new media realm because
of its relation to capital AND precarious labour...
I raised the question of the specific relation between finance and net art
because of the ways in which financial networking has come to more generally
subtend all networks
in late capitalism...

Net art's critical relations with finance, then, becomes an investigation of
the conditions of its own production. This I think is more critically acute
than the ways in which early net art, like jodi.org, investigated the material
and formal conditions of code as conditions for its production....

It's also interesting to see the extent to which alt-economies are beginning to
be thought via net and new media art. Some interesting work being done by
Furtherfield in UK. Here on blockchain and bitcoin:
http://furtherfield.org/tag/blockchain-1
Here more generally on money/data/finance/art:
http://www.furtherfield.org/artdatamoney/

David - quantum blockchains! wow..that sounds amazing!!!
cheers
Anna

Sent from my iPhone