Heyo soft-skinners

Thanks so much Byron, Lindsay and Kathy (and Nina) for your contributions.

I oscillate between struggle with and adoring the absurdity of the world and we seem to be in a very absurdist time. I find myself despairing and then am delighted by art projects that poke at the absurd. The bio-art (however you define it) projects that I love are the ones that are seriously playful and playfully serious, those that resist the urge to take biology too seriously but show us the nasty under the banal. Both Lindsay's and Kathy's works do this and so many others (Loren Kronemyer's and Ian Sinclair's "Ecosexual bathhouse" is doing this for me at the moment http://helloponyexpress.com/projects/#/ecosexualbathhouse/). I would love to able to make laugh out loud and absurdist artworks, but my work tends to manifest as more serious than I expect.

Do you find that your works do this or are they more ridiculous than you expect? How does collaboration (with non/humans) affect this process for you?

Tarsh Bates