Thanks for this post William.  I am wondering if you might not give me the
citation for the Nietzsche quote about the birds and nests. I am doing research
on a project “Eye Spy a Storm” in Augmented Reality and the citation is just
what I’m looking for.  I would not mind the Stiglitz as well.  Thanks for
sharing.  Renate
<snip>
One of the first things to hit me when Istarted thinking about the topic was
the relationship perceivable in theearliest lyric poetry between life and art.
Nietzsche nd others derived the artof tragedy from it. Updating a bit I began
to think about the (little) I’veread on biolinguistics and the proposed
relationship biolinguists find betweenknotting procedures used by birds in
creating nests and what we could considerknitting procedures used by humans in
creating tools. Today’s *Guardian* (theBritish paper) carries an article by
Joseph Stiglitz that expresses hope thatthe deep sociological stages of
globalism will be met and worked through bypeople in a variety of disciplines.
No easy task....... An economy of mind perhaps. Thanks for yourideas! Best
wishes, William

<snip>

Renate Ferro
Visiting Associate Professor