We have a final week* on the trump effect topic; please consider sending comments/discussion points/rants, raves, and sundries/praxis and theory/ for the duration. For myself, I feel I've been skirting around some sort of inner core (of humanism? mindfulness? grace? gratitude?) that I more or less took for granted - charity and a basic belief in cultural expressions for example - an inner core that now seems as fragile as any other eco- system. Not only is the personal political; the political is also personal - and the personal as the residency and habitus of the political - not only how we function against and within such a regime, but also, how do we deal with our internal emotional fears, worlds, catastrophic thinking, if such is the case.. This isn't elitist or luxury - this is trying to figure out what it means to _be_ in the situation we're in, and what will be, if anything, communality and the commons in the future. And I keep hoping we can ground the discussion, not only in theory and resistance strategy, but in a world of caring as well. (I'm expressing myself poorly here; what I'd like is to hear from others on all of this, from resistance to sanctuary, from neoliberalism to organizing, not that any of these categories are isolated, any more than the order of things and processes.)

- Alan

* or weeks - i imagine the regime will constitute one of empyre's horizons for the foreseeable future.