It's interesting how extremity has become a norm at this point; in the Gorsuch nomination discussion, there's talk of using the 'nuclear option' - stopping Democratic filibuster. And the weather reports on the tv network national news almost daily will say something like "Severe weather in the mid-west; 40 million people at risk." The stakes keep rising; people are frightened.

I keep thinking about the kind of discussions - cultural and political theory etc. - that circle around Trump etc., and whether theory itself might not be bankrupt, whether something otherwise might be useful, a TAZ (temporary autonomous zone) of theory might replace all those overarching post-marxist/DG/accelerationist/etc. approaches that seem increasingly of limited use and vision. We're always catching up...

- Alan