Hi Mark,
Suspect people are needed!

> I don't find that a reason to try to banish all irony, condemn the satirical,
> throw the Campbell's soup out with the Watergate.
>
> I find the troubling of these lines rather productive.
>
> Of course, I may be a very suspect person on this topic.

the regression back to accusations of postmodernism feels really misplaced
right now, I think. IT’s as if the alt-righters AND positivists have been
waiting to say: ‘see all you relativists, this is what your world has come to’!!

Ned Rossiter, media theorist of organise networks and logistics, has recently
been referring to the current ‘post-truth’ scape as ‘neopositivist’. I think
this is great formulation because it encapsulates the ways n which the current
diagrams of power play on both the sides of truth and simulation and cast
anyone as falling on one side or the other.

I think that’s why we need the possibility of producing alternative fakeries
that actually shift the milieu. For me, this is what art practices might do…and
I also find it useful to use the term - which has played around philosophical
and  literary circles – fabulation.

This gets us out of the fake/real binary and asks: what else is imaginable?

Anna