Dear List:

Since August of 2015, I have been chronicling the TRUMP phenomenon, which I
refer to as XTreme TRUMPology. Here are 50 posts I have written to date:
http://www.randallpacker.com/category/xtreme-trumpology/

I see the developing fake news issue as the catalyst of a much greater problem:
the intentional distortion of reality for the purpose of gaining political
control. Fake news is a means to an end, what happens when morally bankrupt
demagogues are in pursuit of absolute power.

To this end, it beholds us to construct critical “weapons” that we can use to
deconstruct and defuse this diabolical fakery, and it is my hope, that during
this next week, the empyre list can serve as both a virtual roundtable for
discussion, as well as a space for developing tactical methods we can employ as
media artists, theorists, and educators in our everyday lives and work. Some of
these methods have already been identified in past weeks… I hope to see more!

These are dangerous times and I am interested in the kinds of critical tools we
can develop collectively to combat the torrent of fakery and disinformation
that is consuming our government, our country, and the world.

It’s time for action.

Best, Randall