Hi Julie
Thank you for the links to your work. Your descriptions of the crows “quiet
conversations” resonates for me and my approach to animals voices (that call
out, more-than just sound). I love your work, The Crows splashing conversation
is wonderful and I appreciated, too, how in the Wait piece you credit the dogs,
Tom and Sugi, with “concept, acting”. I’m looking forward to spending more time
with your work. Thinking about how we listen in and to the world, I’m very
moved by the writings of anthropologist Tim Ingold with his concept of
‘wayfaring' which attends to “the ground we walk, the ever-changing skies,
mountains and rivers, rocks and trees, the houses we inhabit and the tools we
use, not to mention the innumerable companions, both non-human animals and
fellow humans, with which and with whom we share our lives. They are constantly
inspiring us, challenging us, telling us things” (Being Alive: Essays on
Movement, Knowledge, and Description. London: Routledge 2011)
best
Norie
www.out-of-sync.com <http://www.out-of-sync.com/>
https://workingworms.net/ <https://workingworms.net/>