Christina wore from C-Theory: :
“I feel my body is like a border; but, no, it is not itself a cyborg, because
it (I) exist in some kind of condition of alterity outside technology even
though I experience its operational architecture from the inside, as if from
the inside of my body, heart and brain. It's a strange condition, liberating
and uncomfortable: but better than the old psychotropic condition of
enslavement, when in former times (before I entered the media labyrinth) my
mind was hostage to the repetitive, unpredictable onslaught of triggered
memories of violence to my body.”

Bishnu and Christina and Tim thanks so much for interweaving the notion of the
network into our discussion again this week. Wondering if anyone has been
thinking about the contagious reports that have filled the news over the last
week filling the airwaves of sexual harassment claims against Roy Moore, the
Senate candidate in Alabama.  The Washington Post broke the story about Moore’s
sexual encounters with a fourteen-year old and other young girls shortly after
prompting other women to come forward.  This story follows the expose a couple
of weeks ago of Harvey Weinstein’s exploits in Hollywood as well as the
publisher of Artforum , Knight Landesman, in the art world.  All of these
accounts are of powerful men taking advantage of girls and women who are in
dependent positions who have been physically violated yet the men’s accounts
contaminate the truth with layers of innuendo and outright attacks on the women
victims.

Hoping a few of you will make connections if you have time.
Renate

Visiting Associate Professor
Director of Undergraduate Studies
Department of Art