Hi Jake, welcome to Empire list. A response to your question: Emyre has
lasted that long because disagreements and discussions are permitted and
even welcomed in it. Though you will see Empty has its own up and down
rhythm over a period of time, it never loses its underlying openness.

It is interesting you had not even heard of or known what a listserv is.
How much has changed over a relatively short period of time.

Ciao,
Murat