Morning list,

This morning I thought about what is happening with our discussion
This morning I wake up early thinking about a new instrument, a combination of drum and piano
This morning it is raining and dark outside
This morning I didn't listen noise music at all but rather a mix of drum&bass, rock, free-jazz and news from the radio, all combines would had created a compact wall of noise... This morning I thought I should write to you, the list, a message, something that will stay in the archive This morning I thought about this month of discussion, thinking about what I learned from it or what did it bring to me
This morning I thought about something else too
This morning I am taking a coffee and I am writing this message

Is noise really something that interest us here? What noise really changes for you?

Describing a disruption implies that it is no longer possible to experience it a gain, only to reveal it as a tiny element of that which has been lived through, of what is now past, immediately blended with nervous flashes and a downpour of abstract information lingering on the flesh and in the brain.

Noise as the event resides in this common paradigm : an illusion present in the shifting atomic vibrations of air, simple oscillations whip the full sonorous spectre, stubborn pressures scar those bony drums that they call ears, the sense of these vibrations are mangled through the cogs of emotion, memories, political and psycho-social intricacies.

Noise marks time in terms of micro-movements: space in a tangible dimension is a tiny crack that affects imagination and emotions.

The concept of 'noise' is not just an endeavor of its phasing out, in legal or technical terms, or a founding event transformed through desire, elated by its inner beauty, transcended by the art of sounding and by its fatal and bellicose quintessence: it becomes irremediably elusive because it is essentially unique, bounded only by the limits of our mind.

This morning I am wishing you all the best

Julien

--
JULIEN OTTAVI
Composer, Artist, curator and PhD student on new music and network

http://www.noiser.org
http://www.apo33.org
http://www.fibrrrecords.net
http://www.apodio.org