Thanks, Marianna and Dan.

"Walking Dead without zombies" is a great description for our times!

Thanks so much for creating this project. I remember finding it both haunting
and strangely reassuring when I explored it during the Brexit debates and vote.

Best,
Dale

> [...]
>>> the world with those of others by uploading a short tracking shot to a
>>> database where it will be edited together with tracking shots by others.
>>>
>>> In Philip Cartelli details in _Promenade_, the Mediterranean port of
>>> Marseille is being transformed from a racially/ethnically, religiously, and
>>> nationally diverse center of trade into a whitewashed tourist attraction.
>>> Nonetheless, traces of the past emerge.
>>>
>>> Adam Fish's _Points of Presence_ (with Bradley Garrett and Oliver Case)
>>> documents the invisible geographies of submarine and subterranean internet
>>> cables and the human labor that makes wireless function.
>>>
>>> In _Escaped Exotics Vol. 1_ Rachel Johnson investigates the Jequirity
>>> (Rosary Pea) as more than a mere invasive species from South Asia to south
>>> Florida in the United States. The plant’s poisonous seeds have been
>>> appropriated into the cultures of tropical areas around the globe.
>>>
>>> I look forward to hearing more about these projects from their makers, as
>>> well as their conceptions of an arts practice that moves between
>>> conventional categories, including documentary.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Dale
>>>
>>> Bios:
>>>
>>> Steve WetzeL (US) is an artist, video maker, and assistant professor in the
>>> film department at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Over the past
>>> decade, Wetzel has produced many works of experimental non-fiction and
>>> anthromentary (a form that combines anthropology and documentary) video,
>>> which have been exhibited nationally and internationally. His arts practice
>>> emerges within the intersection of experimental film/video, observational
>>> documentary, and social constructions of reality. These themes can also be
>>> found in two small volumes of writings, _Occasional Performances and
>>> Wayward Writings_ (2010), and _[PAUSE]_ (2014), described as “an urgent and
>>> generous exegesis” and “a contemporary mix of aesthetic, personal, and
>>> moral imminence.”
>>>
>>> The Unstitute (UK) is Marianna and Daniel O’Reilly. Built in 2010 to
>>> challenge establishment values and explore the domain of art in the
>>> twenty-first century, The Unstitute not only presents projects produced
>>> in-house, but hosts virtual residencies, virtual curated exhibitions and
>>> monthly online screenings. The architecture of the website itself is a
>>> prime feature of the project, incorporating labyrinths amid derelict online
>>> spaces.
>>>
>>> Max Schleser is a filmmaker, who explores smartphones and mobile media for
>>> creative transformation and media production. His portfolio
>>> (http://www.schleser.nz/ <http://www.schleser.nz/>) includes various
>>> mobile, smartphone and pocket camera films, which have been screened at
>>> festivals, galleries, and museums internationally. He publishes on mobile
>>> and smartphone filmmaking, creative innovation, and collaborative
>>> filmmaking. He is also cofounder of the Mobile Innovation Network
>>> Australasia (MINA) and curates the annual International Mobile Innovation