Thank you for this reply; I agree of course. The problem is that ecosystems are incredibly fragile and not well-understood (look at the researching going on in relation to our own microbiomes), and species don't often adapt; they died off and this can lead to serious chain reactions. I hope that artists are more sensitive to these issues than, say, agribusiness that just overrides everything. By the way the fastest a species has been wiped out apparently was over a day on a remote lighthouse, by an imported lighthouse-keeper's cat that killed off a bird that nested only on the island.

Thanks again, Alan