Hi all,

Alex's in-depth and wonderfully articulated response to Paul seems a
perfect transition into our third guest, Paula Burleigh, formerly of the
Whitney and now a colleague at Allegheny College.

Paula, maybe you can help unpack some of Alex's thoughts, especially on the
conservative adoption of "carrying capacity" as a rallying cry for
immigration reform not just in the USA, but also in Greece, Italy, and, as
I experienced last week, Sweden, where the re-emergence (or more
frighteningly more accepted) of anti-zionist/anti-Islamic sentiments that
seem to be less fringe than in my, albeit short, millennial memory. I think
of Moreshin Allahyari's work *She Who Sees the Unknown: HUMA *from 2016
where she pusses back against colonialism with "forgotten goddesses" in an
act of resistance.

Paul, Alex, maybe you can work in some more about your own work.

--

*Byron Rich Assistant Professor of Art*
*Director of Art & Technology*

*Allegheny College*
Doane Hall of Art, A204
Meadville, PA
(o) 814.332.3381
www.byronrich.com

*Interim Chair of **Exhibitions** & Events - New Media **Caucus*
www.newmediacaucus.org

*Editor - Empyre Soft Skinned Space*
www.empyre.library.cornell.edu/ <http://empyre.library.cornell.edu/>

Click here