Hi everyone,

Here are the books that are currently on my reading list.

Fuchs, Thomas. 2018. Ecology of the brain: the phenomenology and biology of the
embodied mind. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

Borgdorff, Henk, Peter Peters, and Trevor Pinch. 2020. Dialogues between
artistic research and science and technology studies. New York: Routledge.

Pitts-Taylor, Victoria. 2016. The brain's body: neuroscience and corporeal
politics. Durham: Duke University Press

McCray, Patrick. 2020. Making art work: how Cold War engineers and artists
forged a new creative culture. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.

Beck, John, and Ryan Bishop. 2020. Technocrats of the imagination: art,
technology, and the military-industrial avant-garde. Durham: Duke University
Press

Berardi, Franco. 2015. And: phenomenology of the end. Los Angeles: Semiotext(e)

Shaughnessy, Nicola. 2012. Applying Performance: Live Art, Socially Engaged
Theatre and Affective Practices. Hampshire: Palgrave

.

I'm a new member of this listserver. My name is Cristina Albu and I am an art
historian teaching at University of Missouri - Kansas City. I am currently
working on a book project which charts the history of biofeedback art and
examines how contemporary artists are inquiring into the situated nature of
consciousness. My prior publications include the book Mirror Affect: Seeing
Self, Observing Others in Contemporary Art (Minnesota University Press, 2016)
and the co-edited volume Perception and Agency in Shared Spaces of Contemporary
Art (Routledge, 2018).

All the best,

Cristina

Cristina Albu
Associate Professor of Contemporary Art History and Theory
Department of Art and Art History
University of Missouri - Kansas City
<http://cas.umkc.edu/art/about-us/faculty-and-staff/name/cristina-albu/><http://cas.umkc.edu/art/about-us/faculty-and-staff/name/cristina-albu/>
https://cas.umkc.edu/directory/albu-cristina/