Hi all,

I love the bookshelf prompt, it's encouraging me to emerge from lurk status
and celebrate a recent book binge.

Currently, I've got two categories of "to read" materials going. The first
is for a class on creative collaboration I'm teaching with my collaborator
Catalina Alvarez at Abrons Art Center via the School of Making Thinking.
The class is called *The Collaboration Agreement: Designing for Creative
Conflict and Consent
<http://www.theschoolofmakingthinking.com/classes.html> *and is designed
for creative collaborators to develop a collaboration agreement that
functions as a living contract to guide ethical and vibrant creativity. It
takes place remotely Wednesday evenings in April.

Catalina and I are sharing a big pile of relevant books and texts... and
we're planning a self-directed "reading residency" (a lifelong dream!) to
tear through these materials and make final reading selections.

*Books:*

John-Steiner, Vera. *Creative Collaboration*. New York: Oxford University
Press, 2000.

Bishop, Claire. *Artificial Hells: Participatory Art and the Politics of
Spectatorship*. London: Verso, 2012.

Brown, Adrienne Maree. *Emergent Strateg*y. CA: AK Press, 2017.

de Wachter, Ellen Mara. *Co-Art: Artists on Creative Collaboration*.
London: Phaidon, 2017.

Sholette, Gregory and Blake Stimson, eds. *Collectivism after Modernism:
The Art of Social Imagination After 1945*. Minneapolis: University of
Minnesota Press, 2007.

Sholette, Gregory. *Dark Matter: Art and Politics in the Age of Enterprise
Culture*. London: Pluto Press, 2011.

Grant, H. Kester. *Conversation Pieces: Community and Communication in
Modern Art*. CA: UC Press, 2013.

*Not exactly books:*

*Manifesto for Tender Collaborative Work* by press_press, Baltimore
<https://presspress.info/content/3-document/2-manifesto-for-tender-collaborative-work/a-tender-talk.pdf>

The cooperative handbook <https://loomio.coop/working_together> by Loomio,
an open source worker-owned software company in New Zealand

Paul Ryan's Threeing
<http://earthscore.org/New%20Format/Curriculae/threeing_curriculum.html>
concept

May excellent resources <https://studycollaboration.com/#resources>from The
Study Center for Group Work.

Finally, I've also been reading some *stuff not related to collaboration*,
namely Emily St. John Mandel's *The Glass Hotel*, and Hilary Mantel's novel
on the French Revolution, *A Place of Greater Safety*, both of which have
some disturbing parallels to current economic and political situations IRL.

*Bio:*

I'm an artist, curator, writer, and digital experience designer. I work
with archives, digital tools, and collaboration to develop exhibitions,
writing, and multimedia projects that are focussed on exploring time,
ecology, governance, idealism, and futility. I also work with teams to make
software and websites for (and sometimes about) money.

I've written about Ant Farm, the Videofreex, *Radical Software* and other
topics related to media art for publications including *Afterimage*,*
Intercourse*, and *The Creators Project*. In 2016 I co-curated *The Present
Is the Form of All Life**,* an exhibition of the time capsule works of Ant
Farm, and their successor group LST, at Pioneer Works in Brooklyn.

I'm one half of Epicurean Endocrinology – a collaborative citizen-scientist
performance art and installation project with Byron Rich – that uses the
practices and conventions of science and cooking to investigate gender
constructions and endocrine disruptors in the built environment.

Currently, I'm working on a project (collaboratively of course) to preserve
the Ant Farm-designed Antioch College Art Building, and making an
experimental documentary about the architectural and institutional traces
of a series of pedagogical experiments originating from Antioch's
alternative approach to education.

*www.lizflyntz.net <http://www.lizflyntz.net>*