I totally agree that young activists are already inventing new forms of
tactical media, operating across social media platforms and using different
genres to form coalitions that, as CAE and DnG taught long ago, can
intersect with different long-standing communities in patterns resonant
with animal swarms. At Cornell, we have critical design teams
<https://blogs.cornell.edu/designthinkingcommunity/women-on-death-row/>
collaborating with community partners in NYS, Golan, and Uganda, NGOs and
NPOs doing human rights, environmental, and public health work. Critical
thinking + tactical media + design thinking is the mix. The student-partner
work mimes art activist groups, and we use advanced design thinking
research based on Latour's media cascade to situate cultural performances
within flows of technical and org'l performances. Its rapid response design
justice.

The #Save Lisa <https://deathpenaltyworldwide.org/project/savelisa/>
campaign was produced by a broad coalition of 80+ women organized by
Cornell's Center on Death Penalty Worldwide's Prof Sandra Babcock and Zohra
Ahmed. The Her Whole Truth team included second-year law student Veronica
Cinibulk, whose tremendously powerful "Lisa's Song"
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okWfnh3pDcA> music video, created during
months of tweets, Instagrams, FaceBook posts, and op-eds in mainstream
media, still could not prevent the tragic execution of Lisa Montgomery by
the Trump administration in early January.

This work continues and over break we began reflecting and researching
emerging work on retraumatization, platformism, entrepreneurial activism,
collaborative data analytics, and what Ricardo Dominguez is calling
un-design un-making. We design and the world, laughing, worlds. Let kids
reign asap.