HI all

I’ve been working on this immersive project all year and its nearly ready for exhibition (in-person):

INTER/ her intimate journey inside the female reproductive system

An immersive installation and Virtual Reality artwork focussed on post-reproductive diseases and pain over 40's women experience: endometriosis, fibroids, polyps, Ovarian and other cysts, cervical, ovarian, uterine and endometrial cancers. The sensory and emotional experience moving from the outside in within a real dome space into VR space, with a 3D audio soundscape of the voices and stories of real women recounting their experiences,  making it an intimate, emotional and possibly haunting experience, with accompanying wearable haptic garment providing a visceral vibration responsive experience on the lower abdomen, where the various diseases occur.

INTER/her is based on my own experience and journey through the healthcare system(in the UK) while I was treated for a post-reproductive disease in 2016. The ideas and development of the work emanates from experiencing women’s silence, conflicting information, and inconsistencies in support for women’s health.

From my own experience in fighting – and winning – against ovarian cancer throughout 2016 – 2017, this intense battle gave me the imperative to make something personal through my art practice; to give something back to other women, based upon my own experiences and journey through the healthcare system.

The seed grew from silence, inconsistent information, and minimal support for women’s health, then became inspired by stories I began to hear from friends and family. Stories that seemed to be hidden or kept secret until I opened up about my own experiences.

See also work-in-progress version of a trailer/ walk-through in this Virtual Exhibition curated by Art in Flux in London with support by National Gallery X  https://www.artinfluxlondon.com/reclaimed-exhibition.html

and another more progressed trailer here https://vimeo.com/515731933

Exhibition dates of the final version and other information is on the website: inter-her.art/

Bio attached.
{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\cocoartf2578
\cocoatextscaling0\cocoaplatform0{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;\f1\fnil\fcharset0 Calibri;\f2\fnil\fcharset0 Calibri-Italic;
}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
{\*\expandedcolortbl;;\cssrgb\c0\c0\c0;}
\paperw11900\paperh16840\margl1440\margr1440\vieww12200\viewh17140\viewkind1
\pard\tx720\tx1440\tx2160\tx2880\tx3600\tx4320\tx5040\tx5760\tx6480\tx7200\tx7920\tx8640\pardirnatural\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs24 \cf0 Short Academic Bio 2021\
\
\pard\pardeftab560\qj\partightenfactor0

\f1\fs26 \cf2 Camille Baker is an artist-performer/researcher/curator within various art forms: participatory performance and interactive art, mobile media art, tech fashion/soft circuits/DIY electronics, responsive interfaces and environments, and emerging media curating. Baker develops methods and approaches to exploring the body within performance & interactive art contexts, using e-textiles, wearable technology and mobile media.She is the Principal Investigator for UCA for the EU funded STARTS Ecosystem (starts.eu) Apr 2019-Nov 2021 and founder initiator for the EU WEAR Sustain project Jan 2017-April 2019 (wearsustain.eu). Her monograph
\f2\i New Directions in Mobile Media and Performance
\f1\i0  (2018) showcased exciting approaches and artists in this space, as well as her own work. The \cf0 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
co-edited book of essays with Dr Kate Sicchio,
\f2\i Intersecting Art and Technology in Practice: Techne, Technique, Technology
\f1\i0 (2016), focussed on artistic process for those making work across art and technology tools. \cf2 \kerning1\expnd0\expndtw0 She is Professor of Interactive and Immersive Arts, in the School of Film, Media and Performing Arts in the University for the Creative Arts in Farnham. \
}

Camille
Camille Baker, PhD Digital Media
Media Artist / Researcher/ Curator