آلن نوشت:
"machine-time reminds me of Sartre's analysis in Critique of Dialectical Reason
about people working
on assembly line"

For sure, and I remember Sarah Cook citing in the discussion for 24/7: A
Wake-up Call For Our Non-stop World at Somerset house that Facebook had an
internal document discussing sleep as the platform's chief challenge to growth,
In a way, this is the end goal of the attention economy - 24/7 attention, where
our time is no longer our own, and all affect is harvested as capital by the
infoindustrial complex.

however, Alan also note the other flow facilitated by technology, like when we
communicate through whatsapp on demand.

I think the issue might be agency an d volition in submitting to the affective
flow state or having it imposed upon us.