Krosrods and Sean

There is no shortage of energy even in the forms we know can work today
- renewables - sun, sea, water, air and then there is  of course
nuclear,  what is doubtful is that we will be able to translate the
energy into the forms that will support this type of social system.

However I do think you are certainly right in thinking that the mass
consumptive style of computing which we have all grown used to will have
to end, along with all the other profligacy. I it find particularly
depressing is that people still speak of 'open-source' as if it is
something that can be detached from mass consumption...

On particularly dark days I imagine that liberal-capitalist-democracies
will eventually be identified as the greatest killers of human beings in
the history of the world, they only have ten years after all. Everything
is political.

(Sean - always nice to hear names from the more distant past... hope you
are well.)

sdv