I very much agree with your thoughts, Ashley, on these points. I am perhaps not
totally sure about the idea of the body as 'disappearing', not being there, in
our I-Phone interactions. These interactions are definitely (as you suggest)
the object of precise commodifying and marketing strategies and operations, or
programs, and I do think that these operations are able to insert themselves
and to work directly onto that micro-sphere of movements that has been
discussed, and which is absolutely 'bodily', although maybe in a different
sense. If the abstractness, or potential, of movement cannot be measure or
quantified, can the technological (or even already anatomical) limitation of
displacement refer to a subtraction of bodily potential? In this case, I think
a juxtaposition between the different concepts of possibility and potential is
delineating itself, but this could lead the discussion far away from the main
point: art and the everyday.

Thank you Renate for your suggestion to re-direct the discussion towards this
theme. This suggestion makes me think again of the 'amplification' I was
mentioning in a previous post, this time not as a dramatic amplification of the
gesture, but as the 'political' amplification of the everyday, up to the point
of its 'overflowing' into galleries, museums etc., establishing a direct
reciprocal communication between art and life. I certainly do not want to
sustain the necessity of clear disciplinary or spatial borders here, but the
risk the art-life commistion often (not always) suggests me is that of
establishing a closed, vicious circle, the everyday entering the museum-space,
the museum becoming commodified and returned back to a commodified everyday,
with no real novelty introduced in either art or life, and a good (or lesser,
depends on the 'level' at which the commistion is operated) amount of profit
often obtained through the easily approachable charm
 of the everyday. My question therefore is: how do we avoid, or open up this
circuit which, sometimes despite the overt political claims, does not really
allow so much space-time for a 'molecular attention' towards acts and gestures?
If it still makes a sense to consider (as Deleuze and Guattari did) art as the
field of aesthetic sensibility, the total disappearance of differences and
confines leads to the erasure of one of art's main claims: the aesthetic
re-direction of the gaze, of perception, of sensibility, as a way to
counterbalance and implicitly (not representationally) denounce the 'ugly'
matters of fact of the everyday. I think it can be very interesting, in fact,
to work with and modulate these alliances but also differences (between art and
life, art and the everyday, art and politics), rather than making them
dissolve. Simply and directly highlighting the problems is a political fact.
Without separating art from politics, I think it is very
 important to remember that an 'aestheticisation' of life could already have
important political implications in itself. The same consequences, I think, can
derive from the art-communication equivalence. I do want to reiterate here,
that my point is not about the essential critique for any particular artistic
form or genre, but only about the highlighting of some potential risks, and
maybe discussing how to overcome them.

I totally share Ashley's sense of an ungraspability, unperceptibility of the
virtual. It is of course not enough for us to move in the in-between, in the
interstice, for it to emerge. Something more is needed. The question is what?

Looking forward to continue this discussion with you all

Stamatia