..on Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 05:35:03PM -0500, christopher sullivan wrote:

> and Julian your definition was perfect, towering over all other possible
> attempts, you must understand the small mind I have to work with.. Chris.

Chris I liked your definitions, certainly far more fun/complex than what I came
up with. Nonetheless, you asked me for a definition and so I gave it.

To clarify: personally I think 'prototyping' doesn't need a whole lot of
definition, it's simply (already) any process of defining something; most
commonly an idea, up until the point the prototype acheives the intended utility
and/or is ready to be copied. Sometimes that might involve developing concrete
intermediary forms (a polystyrene mock-up of an industrial design, code sketch)
other times ephemeral (a critical debate (prototyping answers) or a night club
(prototyping selves)).

In our case, on this list, we're prototyping definitions of prototyping.

Cheers,

Julian