A curator here in New York is trying to reconstitute the early pre- web artist bbs's such as ArtNetWeb, thing bbs and rhizome. He wants to also use the original machines and have the archives available on the web for research. He's also asking for very early internet works that depend on netscape 1.0. Seems to me, there is now an effort to understand the "New Aesthetics" and begin to sort out it's starting points. I would say that right at the beginning when everyone in the 90's started picking up computers and using the web there were several definable strains of aesthetics. here's a partial list, 3D objects and worlds, chat and social software, surveillance and privacy, web sites (as publications or interactive works), sound art, video on the web and digital video. Digital photography is in there but it seems to be wrapped up in the other forms. Then there is interactive art, human and machine interface, open source and hacking community. Let's not forget the computer vision crowd, virtual world and online theater. This keeps on being added to and refined. For example the first online 3D code was VRML that sort of petered out and is now wrapped into Augmented Reality. Anyway all these aesthetic currents are constantly evolving and are very exciting as a new language. It is just then beginning of an ontology so we don't know where it might lead. We do know that the "modernist/ post-modernist" discourse is pretty much played out and really boring.