In Bauman's writing the "weeds" are what Agamben, and to some extend Zizek,
call Homo Sacer (such as G. Agamben "Remnats of Holocaust" and Zizek's
"Violence"). The idea of silencing is very important to me, which is also
related to disappearing, to making disappear. Lament, which otherwise we could
call the communal citizenry, the true citizenship, this is  response to the
language of silencing power. Lament, lying down (refusing to march like
soldiers) are present in my work to somehow direct or connect with this
inter-connective tissue that firms itself when we are following our ability to
respond, response-ability....

[The silencing (milczenie) is like book burning -- you can burn Celan, but his
work will never burn completely, just like silencing of the voices of those
killed and tortured will always leave a stains, like stains on texts of Goethe,
like stains of tortured in Guantanamo, shining on our hands as we speak here
and now]