Thank you Renate and Tim for this invitation. Just squeaking in on the deadline!

I have been an occasional contributor and a consistent lurker on the list since
its inception. Thanks Melinda, and to every member of this community who enrich
and inspire my thinking and my work.

A native of Australia now based in New York, I am a cultural worker, curator,
and facilitator who specializes in creating new media and contemporary art
events and programs that encourage cross-disciplinary practice, collaboration
and exchange. My interests are at the intersection of art, culture, technology,
science and social change. My current key research focus has been on art food
and technology, and I've been collecting resources here
http://www.scoop.it/t/arttechfood. I'm also currently doing some research on
internet art, investigating virtual performance, continuing to explore urban
research/ media in public spaces. I am also currently a Board member of the
National Alliance for Media Art + Culture (NAMAC) in the USA. Being a bit of a
nomad, I've lived and worked in Australia, Germany, Finland, and the USA; and
done residencies and presented curatorial programs in Canada, Korea, India, the
UK, and Italy.
Recent curatorial efforts include CONSUME at gallery@calIT2 at the University
of California, San Diego (April – June 2013) and Our Haus, the 10th Anniversary
exhibition for the Austrian Cultural Forum, NY (May – August 2012). In late
2012 I did a residency as a Bogliasco Fellow, at Liguria Study Center for the
Arts and Humanities in Italy, where I undertook curatorial research on
ArtTechFood. I've also just  done a food-info-activism micro-resident, with
Pixelache, Helsinki and will be returning to Helsinki in September to do a
Residency with HIAP and FRAME. I'll again work with Pixelache on their Foodycle
event, and also with the Finnish Bioart Society on their Field_Notes event.

I was Executive Director of Eyebeam Art and Technology Center in New York City
from 2005 to 2011. Eyebeam is recognized internationally as a model for
collaboration and innovation in art + technology. Additional contributions to
the field of electronic art also include my work as executive producer for
ISEA2004 (the International Symposium for Electronic Arts 2004) held in
Tallinn, Estonia and Helsinki, Finland, and on a cruiser ferry in the Baltic
sea. In 2002, I was Associate Director of the Adelaide Festival in Australia,
and in this position was also co-chair of the working group that organized the
exhibition and symposium ‘conVerge: where art and science meet’. From 1995 to
2000 I was Director of the Australian Network for Art and Technology (ANAT)
where I made links with science and industry by developing a range of
residencies for artists in settings such as science organizations, contemporary
art spaces and virtual residencies online, ran peer-learning masterclasses for
artists and in 1999 and 2000 also for curators wishing to up-skill in media and
technology; and set up a range of research initiatives, including art &
science, technology & theology, and laying some of the groundwork to establish
networks in the Asia and Pacific regions.

I have also worked with a range of arts organizations in Australia including
the Australia Council for the Arts, Arts Training Australia, and Electronic
Media Arts Australia (including the Australian Video Festival). I did my MA in
Arts Administration at the College of Fine Arts, UNSW in Sydney in the mid
1990s and did my curatorial internship with the online artist network, System
X. I fairly regularly speak at international conferences and festivals,
occasionally writes for journals such as Artlink, RealTime, the Sarai Reader,
and Art Asia Pacific; and lurk on a lot of media, technology and culture
related email lists.

--
Amanda McDonald Crowley
Cultural Worker, Curator