 I adore Empyre. I learn so much from it.

Thyrza Nichols Goodeve

Bio

TNG is a writer who lives in Brooklyn Heights. Currently she is writing for The
Brooklyn Rail and working on three writing projects: a book with Carolee
Schneemann about her cat writing and art; a reader of writings on Matthew
Barney ; a book on the  history of New York Central Art supplies in the East
Village with Nancy Blum. She is on the faculty of the MFA Art Practice Program
at The School of Visual Arts where she also serves as Thesis Director. During
the summers she is program coordinator of MICA's summer Intensive in NYC (
DUMBO)

Most recent writing:

"Twilight of the Artworld:From Representation to Ontology in the Work of
Matthew Barney," in Embodied Fantasies: From Awe to Artifice, Ed. Suzanne Anker
and Sabine Flach (Peter Lang Books, 2013)

"The Library for Non-Amnesiacs:
A Possible Reading of Matthew Barney's Drawings," The Brooklyn Rail,
July/August 2013

"Terroir: The Alchemy of Capitalism," in Not A Rose by Heide Hatry ( Charta
Books, 2013)

Conversation with Carolee Schneemann and Heide Hatry, The Brooklyn Rail, June
2013

Catalogue essay on Hadieh Shafie

Sent from my iPad