Hi,
Not sure that you received this.

Hi all,
I've been a "lurker" and a participant on empyre for some time now. Really
enjoy popping in now and again and scanning the various threads.  I've been
invited to participate twice, I think both times for game related or activist
threads.
My bio:
Joseph DeLappe (http://www.delappe.net<http://www.delappe.net/>) is a Professor
of the Department of Art at the University of Nevada where he directs the
Digital Media program. Working with electronic and new media since 1983, his
work in online gaming performance, sculpture and electromechanical installation
have been shown throughout the United States and abroad. In 2006 he began the
project dead‐in‐iraq , to type consecutively, all names of America's military
casualties from the war in Iraq into the America's Army first person shooter
online recruiting game. He also directs the
iraqimemorial.org<http://iraqimemorial.org/> project, an ongoing web based
exhibition and open call for proposed memorials to the many thousand of
civilian casualties from the war in Iraq. More recently, in 2013, he rode a
specially equipped bicycle to draw a 460 mile long chalk line around the Nellis
Air Force Range to surround an area that would be large enough to create a
solar farm that could power the entire United States.
He has lectured throughout the world regarding his work, including the Museum
of Modern Art in New York City. He has been interviewed on CNN, NPR, CBC, the
Australian Broadcasting Corporation and on The Rachel Maddow Show on Air
America Radio. His works have been featured in the New York Times, The
Australian Morning Herald, Artweek, Art in American and in the 2010 book from
Routledge entitled Joystick Soldiers The Politics of Play in Military Video
Game. He has authored two book chapters, including “The Gandhi Complex: The
Mahatma in Second Life.” Net Works: Case Studies in Web Art and Design, (New
York, Routledge 2011) and “Playing Politics: Machinima as Live Performance and
Document”, Understanding Machinima Essays on Filmmaking in Virtual Worlds,
(London, UK, Continuum 2012).
In my teaching I've recently been involved with a major redesign of my Digital
Media area of emphasis within the Department of Art at UNR to become a proposed
new program entitled Art, Technology and Social Practice. I am as well involved
with a "Serious Games" minor here at the university shared between Art (Digital
Media), Journalism and Computer Science.
In my creative practice, recently I completed "Project 929: Mapping the Solar"
http://www.project<http://www.project/> 929.com<http://929.com/>, a durational
performance and interventionist action to surround the Nellis Air Force Range
in southern Nevada riding a bicycle dragging pieces of white chalk.  This
project involved gps mapping, a solar panel equipped long-tail bicycle and 246
pieces of hand made gypsum/chalk and a live activated Blue Mars avatar
following me in Google Street View.  I am currently working with Manifest AR to
create what will a permanent Augmented Reality documentary accessible via smart
phones on site at locations travelled during the project - images will depict
me on the bike and a created vista imagining enormous solar farms going off
into the distance.

As well I am currently building a half-scale version of a Taliban fighter as
extracted from the Medal of Honor FPS game to be realized in bright orange
corrugated plastic.  I am interested in exploring the nature of avatar
terrorist "play" as evident in the fact of 50% of gamers in contemporary
shooters effectively role play as such.  I am looking for a site or institution
at which to build the final version of this piece, which would be approximately
25' tall.