Johannes you are raised in Germany I assume you are familiar with Heinrich
Böll s writing. For me his best book is 8.30 biljard, a very powerful novel
about an elderly architect who builds a church (maybe a cathedral, I don't
exactly remember it), his son, an architect and engineer who destroys the
church because it's strategical value and the youngest of them, an
architect who is rebuilding it.
Shrines and churches and mosques and synagogues are built and rebuilt and
they live in the memory, as in Calvino's "Invisible Cities". I was several
times in Damascus and visited the Omeya mosque it was a Christian church
before a Roman temple and in the beginning a Babylonian sacred place.
The gods chose always the same spot to be worshipped :)
Ana

--
http://www.twitter.com/caravia15860606060
http://www.scoop.it/t/art-and-activism/

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758

your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always
long to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci