Dear Fereshteh, thank you for sharing very powerful images and emotions. My
point was the identtification and the warning. I remember quite well the
words of the German pastor Martin Niemöller,

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I did not speak out;
As I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I did not speak out;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
As I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I did not speak out;
As I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."

By the way the streets of Germany has never been very safe :(
Ana

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 7:15 AM, Fereshteh Vaziri <fervaz...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm not sure if I'm allowed to write here now, but I read what Anna wrote
> about identification with the victims of violence all around the world and
> I asked myself, can we really identify with them? During this period of
> terror and violence in Iraq, Syria and Afganistan, I have always tried to
> put myself in their place, to imagine their situation, but it is not so
> easy. The psychological pressure is so immense that no one can bear it.
> When my Iranian facebook friends wrote about the acid attacks on women in
> Iran, when I saw the faces of these women, I couldn't sympathized with
> them. Not that I was indifferent or apathetic, but the feelings of fear,
> hopelness and hatred were so great that I felt paralyzed. As a woman, I
> have experienced the religious violence in Iran; I have experienced the
> feeling of humilation and helplessness in a country with dispotic islamic
> rules. When I hear about these things again the trauma is revived. I can' t
> sleep; I have nightmares; I feel depressed, and I am unable to run my
> normal life. Therefore, I tell myself: "you should stop that; you should
> keep the flames of hope somewhere in your heart." Then I think of women
> militia of Kobani, who are resisting the reactionary forces and the hope
> returns for a while. However, it dies again and helplessness prevails me.
> The everlasting question in my mind is this: why can't we play any roles in
> the whole political situation in the world? Why are we just the victims of
> violent policies and acts. I come from a region of crises, of violence, of
> religious dogmatism, but there are many people in the middle east who want
> to live in peace; there are many people who think differently and want to
> practice their religion in their privacy and without violence; there are
> many people who don't believe in religion. I try to be a speaker for these
> people, altgough I konw that my tiny voice is nothing in comparison with
> the clamour of the mass media. However I can't identify with them; I am too
> safe in my apartment in Germany. How long? I don't know. No one can answer
> this question when the Sharia police walks in the street of a city in
> Germany, when the Salifists stand in city centers
>
> fereshteh

<http://www.scoop.it/t/postcolonial-mind/>

cell Sweden +4670-3213370
cell Uruguay +598-99470758