Peter Lamborn Wilson
sorry to be pedantic :-)

On 11/11/14 5:28 PM, Ana Valdes wrote:

I read Hakim Bey (William Lambert Wilson) at the beginning of the net when Autonomedia started and we all believed the myth "information want to be free". He was a big inspiration for me as well and I think his theory of the TAZ, temporary autonomous zones, is an interesting contribution to a new geography based more on the imaginary than on political borders.
Ana

Enviado desde Samsung Mobile

-------- Mensaje original --------
De: Murat Nemet-Nejat
Fecha:11/11/2014 18:22 (GMT-03:00)
A: soft_skinned_space
Asunto: Re: [-empyre-] sample from today

Ana, well not always. Remember Conrad's /The Secret Agent/? But anarchist had less power than institutional power to wreak destruction and, as far as I know, none of them was a suicide bomber, the tool that gives the modern terrorist the ability to influence minds far beyond their numbers.

Interestingly, Hakim Bey regards himself an anarchist and now lives some place, I think, upstate New York in "retirement." His books on Sufism, its subversive position within Islam, had a great influence on my work.

I always wandered the adoption of "Hakim Bey" as a /nom de guerre /since Hakim Bey is the name of the uniformed Turkish police officer, played by Orson Wells, in the film /A Cask for Demetrius/.

Ciao,

Murat