Alan’s long lists of “bad news” that keep him up, and should keep us all up,
but then we need to sleep to function.

The cut and paste function bring it all together...
but there is nothing new there though.

Violence, cruelty are forms of stupidity (even if it is animals).
Here are some words that have made it to my signature during this month of
November:
“Human stupidity is the only thing that gives an idea of the infinite/La bêtise
humaine est la seule chose qui donne une idée de l'infini." Ernest Renan (also
later by Einstein & the Hungarian proverb: “Human stupidity is endless/Az
emberi butaság végtelen”)
I am sure there are tons more, all over recorded history.
==============

> On Nov 15, 2014, at 5:07 AM, Alan Sondheim <sondh...@panix.com> wrote:
>
> I won't keep sending these out. Last night I couldn't sleep, worked over
> again the times I was beat up or hit or bullied in my life. Then this, I keep
> going over the same ground repeatedly:

My e-mail signature this month of November (during my direct involvement with
-empyre) will have a growing list of works that I found to be powerful - but I
do question what “power” means.
”The Theater and its Double” by Artaud
"Chechen Lullaby" - Directed by Nino Kirtadze —>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEmqHZAn8lQ (also on my website)
“Is Anyone Taking Any Notice?” by Don McCullin —>
http://piermarton.info/don-mccullin/
"Mutual Aid: A Factor of Evolution" by Peter Kropotkin
"War Against War/Krieg dem Kriege/Guerre à la Guerre! War against War! Oorlog
aan den Oorlog" by Ernst Friedrich (recent intro by Doug Kellner) - Various
editions. Last one published in Sept. 2014 (available online).
"At the Mind’s Limit" by Jean Améry
“Shoah” -  Directed by Claude Lanzmann
"In the King of Prussia" - Directed by Emile de Antonio
And these quotes: “. . . only on the firm foundation of unyielding despair, can
the soul’s habitation be safely built.” - Bertrand Russell, 1923
“If there is still one hellish, truly accursed thing in our time, it is our
artistic dallying with forms, instead of being like victims burnt at the stake,
signaling through the flames.” And these quotes: “. . . only on the firm
foundation of unyielding despair, can the soul’s habitation be safely built.” -
Bertrand Russell, 1923
“If there is still one hellish, truly accursed thing in our time, it is our
artistic dallying with forms, instead of being like victims burnt at the stake,
signaling through the flames.” Artaud, The Theater and its Double, 1938
“Human stupidity is the only thing that gives an idea of the infinite/La bêtise
humaine est la seule chose qui donne une idée de l'infini." Ernest Renan (also
later by Einstein & the Hungarian proverb: “Human stupidity is endless/Az
emberi butaság végtelen")
===============================
PM_uoʇɹɐɯ_ɹǝıd —> http://piermarton.info
School Of No  Media —> http://schoolofnomedia.com/
About —> http://about.me/piermarton
BrainBleed—> http://brainbleed.wordpress.com/
_____________________________
One of the signs of passing youth is the birth of a sense of fellowship with
other human beings as we take our place among them. Virginia Woolf
The essence of normalcy is the refusal of reality. Ernst Becker
When something seems "the most obvious thing in the world," it means that any
attempt to understand the world has been given up. Bertolt Brecht
An idea becomes false the moment one becomes satisfied by it. Alain
There are no dangerous thoughts; thinking itself is dangerous. Hannah Arendt
When around you, you hear the word "Jew" pronounced, be on guard, they are
speaking about you. Frantz Fanon
If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor
freedom and yet renounce controversy are people who want crops without
ploughing the ground. Frederick Douglass
Silence is the authentic mode of speaking. Claude Lanzmann