well, the discussion never went off track, as far as I am concerned.

and the more combustuous dialogues we had yesterday, around Alan's comments on
violence, racial conflict, etc in Ferguson, Missouri, were most welcome, as we
can perhaps look more intensely at the repercussions
of the within/without non-issue. The violence of war is within-without;    and
Alan, I venture to say, you were "recruited" the last few days by the cameras
and technological instruments of war (as I pointed out in my paraphrase of
Judith Butler yesterday), you were 'constituted' by them.

But did we not overlook something important, in grappling with war, physical
violence, symbolic violence  (I agree much with Murat's last post here) and
ISIS, namely what Sonja Leboš yesterday called "gender war":

<<Coming from Croatia, Balkan, I have a close experience of war. Not like US
citizens, the experience of mediation of the terror via CNN or the body of
one's son being sent in the body bag. I saw it in my own backyard. And have one
conclusion on the war on Balkan: it was largely a gender war.>>

Can we explore, then, what that means, and what the means (space) of alteration
would be? Spatial Justice?     Aristita made a start, following Monika. And
Ana, just today, went into the same direction asking why the sexual, the
erotic, is considered more "revulsive" and in greater need for censorship than
violence..... How do we understand this?

And (remembering what Andreas, Simon, Reinhold, Christina and others have said
about the "maintenance" of Law),  I'd like to pursue further my own memory of
"The Market from Here," as a theatre of anthropology / sacred sociology,
juxtaposed to my current useless experiments with dance holography – the
HOLOSTAGE.  I had some very bad dreams (not having watched any news, not
recruited in that sense) last night, following my readings of some of the posts
here, and thinking about trance, missing and mutilated, bodies, the soldiers
and police as ghosts, shamans of the blind country, finding their beach (as
Taussig would say), between earth and water.

respectfully
Johannes Birringer

ps. thanks William, for your insistence on "The Destructive Character" .........
cf.
http://tomclarkblog.blogspot.de/2014/05/walter-benjamin-destructive-character.html