Dear all,

Thank you Renate and Tim for opening up this discussion.

This feeling of bodily disconnection is tied to the weakness of the public
sphere in today's society.

While the street was once the place where goods, information, and people
circulate, it has now became the street of the smart cities, where google
map is the cybernetic reference. That is a city made of empty spaces where
anonymity dictates the rules.

Within these cities, protesting in the street directly impact the system of
regulation of flows.
It is still accurate today as bio-political systems are anchored in the
accumulation of apparatuses of discipline and surveillance. However, this
protest doesn't translate online as it doesn't impact our digital double.

Online, we don't know how to interact outside of the rules dictated by the
network.
Thinking of mainstream social networks as the new public sphere is pure
ideology.
Working nowadays as activists is a matter of working hand in hand with
hackers, who were crucial in cracking up twitter in Syria for instance.

To me, the efficiency of online visibility has to become ours for an actual
public sphere to perform and take place in today's social, economical, and
political struggles. We have to develop new online and global platforms in
order to not leave the street fights alone.

My very best,

Anaïs Nony