I followed the instructions for using Emscripten in Visual Studio here:

http://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/getting_started/getting_started_with_emscripten_and_vs2010.html

I ran into a few hiccups along the way.  First, it appears that the NSIS
installer didn't recognize that I had Visual C++ Express installed
(possibly because it is not the full Visual Studio?), and therefore, it did
not automatically set up the Emscripten platform for use in Visual C++.

So, I followed the manual setup instructions, but when I switched my
existing solution's platform to "Emscripten", I did not see the "Clang
C/C++" and "Emcc Linker" tree nodes in the Project Properties as the
instruction suggest.

I experimented with just building as-is, which succeeded ... but it just
output an executable like it did before I started this port to Emscripten.

Any ideas on where I could be going wrong or what I need to do next?

Thanks!