Thanks, guys ... I tried running it on another computer where we have the
full Visual Studio 2010 Pro installed, but I got a similar result.  The
installer did not automatically install vs-tools into the MSBuild Platforms
folder, so I had to copy over the appropriate folders manually.

Then, when I tried to build on that platform, both of my solution's
projects were skipped because "Error: The 'ConfigurationGeneral' rule is
missing from the project."  I assume that's because I based the new
configuration off an Empty one (as the Emscripten instructions suggest).

Does anyone have a fast way to set up the Build Configuration for my
projects, such that it will work?

Unfortunately, I'm running close to being out of time for this spike, and I
might just have to go back to doing things the old-fashioned way.

Thanks for your help!