Ah, excellent. :)

Maybe I won't have to debug this thing, if an old enough version of Safari
works.

I googled Safari 5 and the audio tag, and it looks like that is supported,
so my
guess is that it is some Javascript feature that is missing.

I don't know where to begin though, as the debug information from Safari
doesn't
give any place to even start.

-Morten