Short update: Still having trouble with this... Not sure why I'm getting a
bad_weak_ptr exception. Here is what I've done:

1. Removed any delete actions
2. Moved everything that was a weak_ptr to this object to a shared_ptr just
in case
3. Checked use_count at the last possible place I have access (at the end
of createUserCheckinAsync) and there was 9 references
4. Put a printf in the destructor for all classes to see if something was
being destroyed and when... none have ever been hit.

Any other debugging tips anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!
If not I'm just going to kill this project and move to a pure javascript
backend because clearly debugging this is a bit... tough.