Thanks for the reply! I would prefer to call emsdk with an option to query
the current path instead of symlinks (not sure how it works now, but
symlinks and Windows command line tools and/or python on Windows was always
a bit wonky).

Since I don't have a single global emscripten SDK installation, but instead
several local installations side by side it would be important for me to
get a relative path component (like in your example). Basically it would be
fine if this works:

> emsdk path sdk-latest-64bit
emscripten/1.37.9

In that case the path would be relative to the emsdk script, which imho
makes the most sense? The really critical part is the "1.37.9" though.

Cheers!
-Floh.