Firefox currently has a specified limit of 256MB per typed array or
blob, and Chrome has a limit of 128MB per typed array or blob. You can
store more than this if you splice the files up to chunks, and after
that the size limit is defined by the overall origin quota. If you
have enough hard disk space available (browsers have guardbands
thresholds to not allow exhausting hard disk to too close to full),
then storing 2GB should be easily possible.

See also StorageManager.estimate(), a new API that allows finding out
what the remaining available quota is.
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/StorageManager/estimate)