On Mon, 7 Aug 2017 13:32:59 -0700 (PDT)
J4n m3y3r <j4nm3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to suggest making a "try emscripten" page where one could
> upload a single .c file and get the equivalent .js (or .wasm) back.
>
> Maybe something like that already exists, however, I did not find it.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

> ps I tried the "Hello world" example (on
> https://kripken.github.io/emscripten-site/docs/getting_started/Tutorial.html)
> and thank god, it worked ;)  I was however surprised by the 7 pages of
> warnings I got.

With the latest emsdk, I am getting:

shlomif@telaviv1:~/progs/C/snippets/shlomif-c-snippets$ cat hello_world.c
/*
 * The canonical Hello World program kept here to avoid code duplication
 *
 * License is the MIT/X11 license - http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT .
 * ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License ).
 */
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
    printf ("%s\n", "Hello World!");

    return 0;
}
shlomif@telaviv1:~/progs/C/snippets/shlomif-c-snippets$ emcc --version
emcc (Emscripten gcc/clang-like replacement) 1.37.16 (commit
669e183ce1a46a5d1b7eb1b19bb237ea0db3b997) Copyright (C) 2014 the Emscripten
authors (see AUTHORS.txt) This is free and open source software under the MIT
license. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

shlomif@telaviv1:~/progs/C/snippets/shlomif-c-snippets$ emcc hello_world.c
shlomif@telaviv1:~/progs/C/snippets/shlomif-c-snippets$ node a.out.js
Hello World!
shlomif@telaviv1:~/progs/C/snippets/shlomif-c-snippets$

Completely silent - and successful. Am I missing anything? Which warnings are
you getting?

Regards,

        Shlomi

http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/Google-Discontinues-Services/

Who would win in a fight? Charlemagne, Charles Dickens, Charles Darwin or
Carlos “Chuck” Norris? If Summer Glau was the arbiter, she would just kill all
of them and declare herself the winner.
    — http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/Summer-Glau/