If you want to run tests in a browser, you can use the emrun tool that
is bundled to Emscripten (upstream at https://github.com/juj/emrun) to
automate runs of a web page in a browser. Emrun is a browser drive
that can execute .html files as if they were command line
applications.

If you are using a shell, then just SpiderMonkey or node.js or similar
are enough.