This looks like a performance bug in the browser. It may be possible
to reduce the compilation time, but without a test case it's not
possible to know what might be wrong. Is the project public somewhere?

One known source of slow compilation times is if one has very large
switch-case statements with tens of thousands of cases.

Though FF 54 already supports WebAssembly. Do you have a WebAssembly
build of the same, does that compile quickly on Firefox?